Friday, October 8, 2010

READING ROCKS!


As part of A.H.A.V.A.'s goal in increasing English literacy in Israel, we are proud to present READING ROCKS!

READING ROCKS! is a unique reader for the early learner of English as a Foreign language. It has 57 stories, many of them humorous.

What makes this program special? READING ROCKS! has preparation before each and every story in phonics, vocabulary and for reading fluency.

The effort spent on developing READING ROCKS! has already been rewarded by the great feedback we've been getting on the program!

Scroll down to read some of the first feedbacks we have received. And a wonderful testimonial from a student!


Great Feedback Already!


Hi Gaila!

I have to say that the child I'm working with on your book loves the book very much! She enjoys reading those short stories and she feels the improvement. Her mother told me that she is showing off with her reading. She reads all the time unlike in the past.

I feel that finally I have something that can help the pupils improve their reading in a fun way! I will use this book in the future with other pupils!

Thank you very much!
Hadas

Shalom Paula,

I wanted to share my delight in your book READING ROCKS!
During the year, I am helping (pro bono) an Ethiopian first year student with her English. She sadly did not get through the year. Poor young lady, she is struggling not only with her studies but with life in general, but is determined somehow to get an education. 

I started her today on READING ROCKS! (she was amazed to discover that Ann turned out to be a hen!) and I feel that we will get somewhere with your system, which I intend to follow as closely as possible. I am so pleased that I bought the book. It is great. 

Kindest regards,
Shira

Hi Gaila!
Thanks for your email, I started using your book already and I love using it.
I think that the best part is when the kids giggle at the end of the story!
Naomi
 
AND PERHAPS THE BEST OF ALL.... A TESTIMONIAL from Ruth, age 12, who is so weak in her English studies, that she has been excused from learning English with all the rest of the kids. After reading a few of the stories this is what she came to me to say:

"I like the way it is set up. First with the words that I read, then the story words, and then the story. And it is not hard, it is easy."

[RUTH HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD! Our goal - and it looks like we achieved it - was to make it possible for even the weakest reader to read and understand simple stories - by setting up a unique learning system.]

Hi Paula,
Just wanted to tell you Ilana C. called me today about the school possibly using your book. She's going to talk to the principal and get back to you. I think it could be a fantastic beta site to try it out. ...I told her you would be willing to instruct them in how to use it and your method. I am glad that you have a teacher's guide in Hebrew. Hope something comes together win-win for all parties concerned,

Jane


Dear Gaila,

The books have arrived!! I am really excited about trying them out on some very weak readers I have. I think this book will fill a gap in the market – and I'm glad it has so many pages! Most of these books are too short and move ahead too quickly. This looks great and I will send you feedback from time to time.

I will probably be needing to order some more as the other English teachers in my school already have their beady eyes on mine!!

Love
Helen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment