Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another excited teacher reports:

I have been teaching English as a private tutor for the last 3 years. I have learned about Reading Rocks! from a business colleague and purchased a copy with the intention to teach kids with it when the need arise.

However, I mainly specialize on spoken and written English primarily with adults ranging from 17y/o -60y/o.  Some of my students have various learning disabilities. In some cases, when I had to work on phonetics and on words' separation techniques those students have found the book very productive and were not offended/humiliated when I suggested that we study with "Kid's book"

I use this book at present with two students, one 36 Y/O who works as a mechanic in EL AL who has some reading comprehension issues and the other 24 Y/O male student, a disabled person who was born deaf, that likes the book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment